ST-PRO™ II Value
ST-PRO™ II Row Units
The row unit is the heart of the machine. ST-PRO II row units are easily adjusted without tools in a matter of minutes, allowing them to be quickly setup to suit field conditions and ensure continued superior strip formation from field to field. KUHN Krause ST-PRO row units have no grease zerks, therefore require no daily maintenance further saving time and increasing productivity throughout the working day.
- 25”, 6-gauge independent coulters offer continuous residue cutting
- Adjustable down pressure from 460 pounds to 660 pounds
- Adjustable coulter scrapers remove sticky soil from the coulter blade
- Simplified adjustment of coulter alignment to correct machine tracking
Floating Row Cleaners
- Floating 16” notched disc blades consistently clear residue from the strip
- Automatically adjusts to the contour of the field eliminating the need for field-to-field adjustment
- Weights can be added or removed to ensure consistent residue management and flow
- Wrench-free depth adjustment
- Remove root zone compaction
- Promote water infiltration, deep root growth and early seedling development
- Drop Zone nutrient placement system
- Shank depth range of 6" to 12" in 1" increments
Strik’R® Nonstop Soil Conditioner & Shank
- Patented chain reel technology to break clods without destroying the berm
- 18” reel with 10 individual chain sections
- Chains shed wet soil and residue, achieving a uniform seedbed without plugging
- New chain mounting system increases chain wear life and makes chains quicker to replace with 50% fewer bolts to remove.
- New reel end plate design eliminates gaps between the tabs offers increased resistance to plugging.
Precision Nutrient Management
The Gladiator product line features one of the most complete fertilizer application offerings in the industry. These systems are easy to operate and provide precision nutrient placement options for growers with the desire to apply dry or liquid fertilizer with or without anhydrous ammonia.
Gladiator 1210 pull-type models are all available with either 6-ton or 9-ton dry fertilizer tanks or a 1000-gallon liquid tank mounted on the chassis.
Trail Hitch for Anhydrous
Gladiator 1210 pull-type models are available with a trail hitch, typically used for towing an anhydrous cart. All hitches feature an extendable tongue allowing the operator to position the Gladiator close to the cart and then maneuver the trail hitch to make the connection. A strap and winch are also fitted to assist with lifting the tongue of the anhydrous cart. Trail hitches are also available on Montag steerable carts for maximum fertilizer flexibility.
The Montag System
Montag dry fertilizer systems are designed so that the fertilizer for each row is metered separately. Only in this fashion can consistency across the machine be ensured. An air release is used close to the row unit to disperse air and prevent fertilizer from being blown forcefully down into the strip and bouncing out. Diffusing the air also prevents back-pressure building up in the hoses which would lead to blockages and inaccurate application rates.
Any Gladiator which may be fitted with a 9-ton dry fertilizer hopper may be equipped with the Montag Gen II system. Two 4.5-ton tanks allow the operator to blend two different types of fertilizer together for placement in the strip. Although a different design compared to the single tank system, metering still takes place on a per row basis to ensure consistent application rate across the width of the machine. Rates of the two fertilizer products are controlled independently for total control. Also available as a Montag steerable cart on 1210M mounted models.
Variable Rate & Section Control
The Montag Gen II twin-tank system is compatible with GPS variable rate and section control*. Use your mapping system to automatically vary the rate of either fertilizer product as you work the field. Minimize over application and wastage at point rows by dividing the machine into sections and letting the GPS switch off either half of the machine automatically.
*Compatible control system required for full functionality.
Fertilizer Blockage Monitor
Fertilizer hose blockages waste expensive nutrients and jeopardize your crop. Wireless blockage monitors alert you the moment a blockage occurs. Discreet in cab monitor provides an audible alarm and tells you which row is blocked. Monitor offers wireless technology for quick and easy installation.
The Transport Advantage
Changing from field operation to transport is quick and easy. The durable, fixed frame design with flip and fold toolbar, provides balanced, safe transport.